The common month-to-month lease for an condo in Japan varies extensively by location and measurement of the property, however on common, the lease for a one room studio condo is about ¥70,000 in an enormous metropolis and about ¥50,000 nationwide.
Hire is most expensive in Tokyo, its surrounding prefectures and Osaka. The costliest place to lease an condo in Japan is Tokyo, with the citywide common lease coming in at ¥91,000 ($700) for a 1R condo. The second, third, and fourth costliest prefectures are Kanagawa, Saitama, and Chiba, which encompass the capital. Osaka is available in fifth, with common month-to-month lease of ¥61,000 for the everyday 1R studio condo. Listed below are the highest 5 costliest prefectures to lease a studio condo in Japan:
Rural areas and Japan’s northern prefectures have the bottom common lease within the nation. Tochigi, for instance, a mountainous prefecture positioned north of Tokyo recognized for its sizzling springs resorts and Nikko Nationwide Park, has among the lowest rents within the nation, with the common lease for a studio condo of about ¥33,000, or about 36% of the common lease in Tokyo.
Common lease additionally varies lots inside a metropolis. In Tokyo, for instance, lease is highest within the central six wards of Minato, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Bunkyo, Chiyoda, and Chuo. Decrease lease choices could be present in Tokyo’s northern wards and out of doors the Yamanote prepare line. For detailed knowledge on Tokyo, please see this publish: What is the average rent in Tokyo?
The variety of rooms is one other main issue affecting lease ranges. Condominium layouts in Japan are described by the variety of rooms + the dwelling/eating/kitchen space, if any.
Within the charts beneath:
- 1R = 1 Room: One room studio condo. Often between 13-sqm and 20-sqm in measurement.
- 1K = Okay stands for kitchen. One-room studio condo with a kitchen that’s normally separated from the opposite room by a wall. Often between 13-sqm and 25-sqm of flooring area.
- 1DK = D stands for eating, Okay stands for kitchen. Two-room condo with a kitchen and eating area that’s separated from the opposite room. Often between 25-sqm and 30-sqm of flooring area.
- 1LDK = L stands for dwelling, D stands for eating, Okay stands for kitchen. One-bedroom condo with a dwelling/eating room and a kitchen separate from the dwelling/eating space. Often between 23-sqm and 35-sqm of flooring area.
- 2LDK = Two-bedroom condo with a dwelling/eating room and a kitchen separate from the dwelling/eating space. Often between 40-sqm and 80-sqm of flooring area however could be greater within the case of higher-end flats.
- 3LDK = Three-bedroom condo with a dwelling/eating room and a kitchen separate from the dwelling/eating space. Often at the least 70-sqm of dwelling area however could be greater within the case of higher-end flats.
- 4LDK = 4-bedroom condo with a dwelling/eating room and a kitchen separate from the dwelling/eating space.
Common lease in Japan by prefecture
The chart beneath exhibits the common lease for every of Japan’s 47 prefectures as of April 30, 2022. The information is compiled from Homes (a Japanese actual property web site), the National Association of Real Estate Transaction Associations of Japan web site, and Real Estate Japan‘s in-house knowledge.
|Prefecture||1R / 1K /1DK||1LDK / 2K / 2DK||2LDK / 3K / 3LDK||3LDK / 4K / 4DK|
Common lease for a 1R condo in Japan by Prefecture
|Prefecture||Common lease for a 1R / 1K /1DK condo in JPY|
Common lease for a 1LDK condo in Japan by Prefecture
Common lease for a 1LDK / 2K /2DK condo in JPY
Common lease for a 2LDK condo in Japan by Prefecture
Common lease for a 2LDK / 3K /3DK condo in JPY
Common lease for a 3LDK condo in Japan by Prefecture
Common lease for a 3LDK / 4K /4DK condo in JPY
Lead picture: Tokyo aerial road view by way of iStock 483097726
You may additionally be excited about
Translation of Japanese apartment lease application – Japanese- English Cheat Sheet